SPREAD FUN, NOT GERMS
We’ve all had the time to hone up our gaming skills on the couch, now it’s time to try them out for real! Kingpin is about to reopen, and we’re excited to let you know how we’re going to give you a safe space to satisfy your senses. Minimal Touch, Maximum Clean, Keep the Distance!
Stay Home If Sick
First things first, please stay home if you show any signs of illness. Our team will be doing the same. We will gladly postpone any bookings if you can’t make it on a particular day.
Team Certified Training
Our team has all completed and been certified with our new training, ‘Hygiene Hero’, developed to cover everything Covid-19 related so they understand what COVID-19 is, how it is best prevented, what sanitisation cleaning is required and how this is done, and what to do in the event that a team member or guest is in the venue who has flu-like symptoms. The team who are certified will be wearing a ‘Hygiene Hero’ badge so you can be sure that you are in safe hands.
- We’ve introduced hand sanitising stations at key areas of our venues
- While our games will be clean, sanitising wipe stations are now throughout our venues, giving you have a safe choice if you want to wipe down the game before hitting Player One
- We encourage you to use contactless payment over cash. We have enabled payWave on all our EFTPOS machines. We will have an online advance booking system coming soon
- If bowling, you can wear your own sneakers rather than our bowling shoes
- PPE like gloves and masks are not recommended by the health authorities, but we do have some on hand if you feel more comfortable – just ask our team
- We’ve introduced our ‘Hygiene Heroes’ who will provide detailed sanitisation of equipment
- We’ve classified some of our high touch attractions ‘Single-use Sanitise’. These are our attractions that will be cleaned after every use and signage placed on them to let you know they're safe. This includes activities such as bowling, VR games and laser tag.
- We have hourly clean routines for all our team, with sanitising equipment on hand. They will not only be cleaning games but high traffic areas like handrailing, door handles, and bathrooms.
- We’re taking our end of day clean to the next level and going for daily deep clean.
Keep the Distance
You must keep a distance of 1.5mtrs between people who are not known to you
- We have limited the number of guests in all our venues to enable you space to roam
- Our team have measured and mapped all our venues and moved all our games to provide a safe space for you
- You’ll see distance reminders and direction markers at key areas and positioning prompts just in case you forget in the excitement
- We’ll be limiting capacity at some of our attractions such as laser tag, but that will just increase the fun with more room to hide
- In venues with lifts, there will be a limit of 2 people per trip. In venues with escalators, please leave 4 escalator steps between each person.
Food and Beverage
Where we provide food and drinks we will apply the above practices as well as a few more to keep you extra safe.
- Just for a little while, we have reduced the menu with our most satisfying treats, that we know we can deliver to you safely
- Disposable food packaging will be used for a while to keep your food extra safe, but we look forward to getting back to plates and cutlery so we can also take care of the environment
- Where we have table seating for dining these have been spread out for your comfort and safety
- Our drinks will all be served in bottles or with lids
- Any bar seating will be removed
- Handsfree counter collection of food and drinks is available
- Our kitchen health and safety practices follow the highest standards in the world, and we will keep this going especially during this time.
Safety Message For Our Kingpin Darwin Guests
Kingpin Darwin will follow the current government directive that are in place. Kingpin Darwin has also completed and submitted to the Department of Health a COVID-19 safety plan checklist.
- Guests are to keep a distance of 1.5mtrs between people who are not known to you.
- Food and beverage can only be consumed if seated at a table.
- The service of the first alcoholic drink must be with food, but subsequent drinks do not require subsequent food purchase.
As the times change then so will we. Our processes are being constantly refined and our responses fine-tuned. Our team are undergoing more training, have more information, and are better prepared than ever to provide you with a fantastic, fun experience in a safe and secure space.
General Safety Rules
At Kingpin we strive to ensure your safety but there are inherent risks with using our venues. To reduce the risk of injury to yourself and others while you enjoy our facilities please follow these simple rules:
How to stay safe and have more fun!
Responsibility - Kingpin is an environment for all different age groups. Parents and carers must take responsibility for persons under their supervision to ensure an enjoyable experience for everyone.
Kingpin squad - You must follow all verbal instructions or warnings given by our friendly team as well as any safety information displayed in our venues. If you require any assistance please speak to any of the Kingpin team.
The Foul Line - All bowling lanes are covered with oil and are extremely slippery. There are warning signs at the start of each lane (the black foul line) showing you where the oil starts. Crossing the foul line and stepping on the oily surface may cause you to slip, fall and can cause serious injury. Do not cross the foul line on any occasion but instead see our friendly team if you require assistance.
The Ball Return - The ball return has moving parts. Warning signs are present at each ball return indicating the danger of placing hands in the return. Keep your hands away from the opening of the ball return and ball return tray and wait for your ball to come to rest before collecting it - we don’t want squashed fingers. Please watch children in the vicinity of the ball returns.
The Approach - This is the area where you take your walk-up to the lane. No food or drink is allowed on the approach area. Slippery, wet or sticky areas can cause a fall and serious injury. If you notice any issues with the approach stop bowling and seek assistance from the Kingpin team.
No Running or Climbing - We know Laser Tag is an exciting game but use caution and skill when playing. Running and climbing in our arenas can cause collisions and falls leading to injury. Play safe and have fun.
No Physical Contact - Remain apart from other players when in the arena. Collisions and physical contact may cause injury and result in your removal from the game.
Strobe Lights - Our Laser Tag arenas have strobe lights operating in them. If you know you suffer adverse effects from these lights please speak to our team prior to playing.
Our venues also include other fantastic attractions such as karaoke and amusement machines. When enjoying these facilities please follow all directions from our team and any safety signs and information that may be available.
If there are any questions or concerns, please contact us.