SPREAD FUN, NOT GERMS
We’ve all had the time to hone up our gaming skills on the couch, now it’s time to try them out for real! Kingpin is open, and we’re excited to let you know how we’re going to give you a safe space to satisfy your senses. Minimal Touch, Maximum Clean, Keep the Distance.
Northern Beaches Dec 2020 - Update
If you are from or have recently visited the Northern Beaches of Sydney or any of the COVID-19 hotspots indicated by the NSW Government we would ask you to please reconsider visiting our venues at this time. If you already have purchased an experience with us we kindly ask that you contact our call centre on 1 300 814 214 to leave your details and our team will get back to you in business hours to arrange a rescheduling or refund.
Stay Home If Sick
First things first, please stay home if you show any signs of illness. Our team will be doing the same. We will gladly postpone any bookings if you can’t make it on a particular day.
Team Certified Training
Our team has all completed and been certified with our new training, ‘Hygiene Hero’, developed to cover everything Covid-19 related so they understand what COVID-19 is, how it is best prevented, what sanitisation cleaning is required and how this is done, and what to do in the event that a team member or guest is in the venue who has flu-like symptoms. The team who are certified will be wearing a ‘Hygiene Hero’ badge so you can be sure that you are in safe hands.
- We’ve introduced hand sanitising stations at key areas of our venues
- While our games will be clean, sanitising wipe stations are now throughout our venues, giving you have a safe choice if you want to wipe down the game before hitting Player One
- We encourage you to use contactless payment over cash. We have enabled payWave on all our EFTPOS machines. We will have an online advance booking system coming soon
- If bowling, you can wear your own sneakers rather than our bowling shoes
- We’ve introduced our ‘Hygiene Heroes’ who will provide detailed sanitisation of equipment
- We’ve classified some of our high touch attractions ‘Single-use Sanitise’. These are our attractions that will be cleaned after every use and signage placed on them to let you know they're safe. This includes activities such as bowling, VR games and laser tag.
- We have hourly clean routines for all our team, with sanitising equipment on hand. They will not only be cleaning games but high traffic areas like handrailing, door handles, and bathrooms.
- We’re taking our end of day clean to the next level and going for daily deep clean.
Keep the Distance
You must keep a distance of 1.5mtrs between people who are not known to you
- We have limited the number of guests in all our venues to enable you space to roam
- Our team have measured and mapped all our venues and moved all our games to provide a safe space for you
- You’ll see distance reminders and direction markers at key areas and positioning prompts just in case you forget in the excitement
Food and Beverage
Where we provide food and drinks we will apply the above practices as well as a few more to keep you extra safe.
- Just for a little while, we have reduced the menu with our most satisfying treats, that we know we can deliver to you safely
- Where we have table seating for dining these have been spread out for your comfort and safety
- Any bar seating will be removed
- Handsfree counter collection of food and drinks is available
- Our kitchen health and safety practices follow the highest standards in the world, and we will keep this going especially during this time.
Safety Message For Our Kingpin NSW Guests - Effective 22.10.2020
To prevent the COVID-19 virus from making a comeback we are taking extra steps to keep everyone safe and help us spread the fun, not germs.
- 6 person limit per bowling lane – larger groups will be split across two or more lanes.
- Group bookings limited to 30 people. If you have already booked your party or event for more than 30 people we will be in contact to talk through the various options open to you.
- Bowling balls will be either colour coded or identified by coloured stickers to ensure they are not shared by groups next to your lane. The balls will continue to be cleaned and returned to the rack after every game by our team.
- Lane seating has been adjusted to ensure 1.5m space between guests.
- A full time hygiene hero will be available on all bowling lanes during peak times
- Food wipes will be made available with all food orders.
- All guests will have to register upon entering a Kingpin
Together we can ensure our families, friends and community remain safe and well.
Safety Message For Our Kingpin Norwood Guests - Effective 17.11.2020
Kingpin Norwood is closed from Tuesday 17 November until further notice and will reopen once it's safe. Please check our website or follow us on Facebook for reopening announcements.
General Safety Rules
At Kingpin we strive to ensure your safety but there are inherent risks with using our venues. To reduce the risk of injury to yourself and others while you enjoy our facilities please follow these simple rules:
How to stay safe and have more fun!
Responsibility - Kingpin is an environment for all different age groups. Parents and carers must take responsibility for persons under their supervision to ensure an enjoyable experience for everyone.
Kingpin squad - You must follow all verbal instructions or warnings given by our friendly team as well as any safety information displayed in our venues. If you require any assistance please speak to any of the Kingpin team.
The Foul Line - All bowling lanes are covered with oil and are extremely slippery. There are warning signs at the start of each lane (the black foul line) showing you where the oil starts. Crossing the foul line and stepping on the oily surface may cause you to slip, fall and can cause serious injury. Do not cross the foul line on any occasion but instead see our friendly team if you require assistance.
The Ball Return - The ball return has moving parts. Warning signs are present at each ball return indicating the danger of placing hands in the return. Keep your hands away from the opening of the ball return and ball return tray and wait for your ball to come to rest before collecting it - we don’t want squashed fingers. Please watch children in the vicinity of the ball returns.
The Approach - This is the area where you take your walk-up to the lane. No food or drink is allowed on the approach area. Slippery, wet or sticky areas can cause a fall and serious injury. If you notice any issues with the approach stop bowling and seek assistance from the Kingpin team.
No Running or Climbing - We know Laser Tag is an exciting game but use caution and skill when playing. Running and climbing in our arenas can cause collisions and falls leading to injury. Play safe and have fun.
No Physical Contact - Remain apart from other players when in the arena. Collisions and physical contact may cause injury and result in your removal from the game.
Strobe Lights - Our Laser Tag arenas have strobe lights operating in them. If you know you suffer adverse effects from these lights please speak to our team prior to playing.
Our venues also include other fantastic attractions such as karaoke and amusement machines. When enjoying these facilities please follow all directions from our team and any safety signs and information that may be available.
If there are any questions or concerns, please contact us.