At Kingpin we strive to ensure your safety but there are inherent risks with using our venues. To reduce the risk of injury to yourself and others while you enjoy our facilities please follow these simple rules:
The Corona virus is real, and so is our response
We’d like you to know that all our locations are open for business although during this period our trading hours may be impacted so please double check our opening and closing hours online or with our friendly call centre before visiting us.
The current coronavirus has all of us on high alert, and we are monitoring the situation closely, which is why we are taking necessary precautions to keep our venues safe, clean and enjoyable.
The team at Kingpin are committed to ensuring our venues remain safe for our guests to attend and our team members to work in during the current situation. Here at Kingpin –the teams have committed to the following actions:
- Increasing the regular cleaning and sanitising schedules within our venues. This includes the cleaning of our bowling balls every day and our laser vests and phasers after every mission. Our teams are dedicated to cleaning all guest touch-points such as dining tables and chairs, counter tops, and even door handles at least once an hour, and our players lounges after each bowling booking has completed their fun.
- Removing our self-service cutlery from our guest areas and providing them with each meal prepared.
- Continuous food safety training and continual disinfecting of food service and preparation areas to the highest standards.
- Ensuring a supply of sanitiser at the counters for use by our guests and team members.
- Remaining vigilant and complying with operational directives in line with our Coronavirus Management Plan.
- Any Team members who are returning from international travel are self-isolated for the recommended 14-day period.
- Any Team members that are feeling unwell or displaying cold or flu like symptoms are requested to not attend our workplaces and seek medical assistance.
- Monitoring attendance levels within all our venues to ensure they remain at safe levels as advised by the health authorities.
We need our guests support as well to ensure we continue to provide a fun environment. If you are feeling unwell please stay at home and recover there. We’ll see you again when you are feeling better.
For our guests who come into see us, we recommend replacing high fives with elbow bumps, humming “Happy Birthday” twice while washing hands, and coughing into your arm, rather than in the open.
Based upon our own standards and preparedness, along with guidance from various heath sources, we strive to ensure our venues remain as safe and fun as possible. The health and safety of our team members and guests is paramount.
We look forward to seeing you soon.
How to stay safe and have more fun!
Responsibility - Kingpin is an environment for all different age groups. Parents and carers must take responsibility for persons under their supervision to ensure an enjoyable experience for everyone.
Kingpin squad - You must follow all verbal instructions or warnings given by our friendly team as well as any safety information displayed in our venues. If you require any assistance please speak to any of the Kingpin team.
The Foul Line - All bowling lanes are covered with oil and are extremely slippery. There are warning signs at the start of each lane (the black foul line) showing you where the oil starts. Crossing the foul line and stepping on the oily surface may cause you to slip, fall and can cause serious injury. Do not cross the foul line on any occasion but instead see our friendly team if you require assistance.
The Ball Return - The ball return has moving parts. Warning signs are present at each ball return indicating the danger of placing hands in the return. Keep your hands away from the opening of the ball return and ball return tray and wait for your ball to come to rest before collecting it - we don’t want squashed fingers. Please watch children in the vicinity of the ball returns.
Bowling Shoes - Kingpin Bowling Shoes must be worn when bowling. If you have your own bowling shoes please seek approval for their use from our friendly team.
The Approach - This is the area where you take your walk-up to the lane. No food or drink is allowed on the approach area. Slippery, wet or sticky areas can cause a fall and serious injury. If you notice any issues with the approach stop bowling and seek assistance from the Kingpin team.
No Running or Climbing - We know Laser Tag is an exciting game but use caution and skill when playing. Running and climbing in our arenas can cause collisions and falls leading to injury. Play safe and have fun.
No Physical Contact - Remain apart from other players when in the arena. Collisions and physical contact may cause injury and result in your removal from the game.
Strobe Lights - Our Laser Tag arenas have strobe lights operating in them. If you know you suffer adverse effects from these lights please speak to our team prior to playing.
Our venues also include other fantastic attractions such as ropes courses, karaoke, and amusement machines. When enjoying these facilities please follow all directions from our team and any safety signs and information that may be available.
If there are any questions or concerns, please contact us.