At Kingpin we strive to ensure your safety but there are inherent risks with using our venues. To reduce the risk of injury to yourself and others while you enjoy our facilities please follow these simple rules:
Responsibility - Kingpin is an environment for all different age groups. Parents and carers must take responsibility for persons under their supervision to ensure an enjoyable experience for everyone.
Kingpin squad - You must follow all verbal instructions or warnings given by our friendly team as well as any safety information displayed in our venues. If you require any assistance please speak to any of the Kingpin team.
The Foul Line - All bowling lanes are covered with oil and are extremely slippery. There are warning signs at the start of each lane (the black foul line) showing you where the oil starts. Crossing the foul line and stepping on the oily surface may cause you to slip, fall and can cause serious injury. Do not cross the foul line on any occasion but instead see our friendly team if you require assistance.
The Ball Return - The ball return has moving parts. Warning signs are present at each ball return indicating the danger of placing hands in the return. Keep your hands away from the opening of the ball return and ball return tray and wait for your ball to come to rest before collecting it - we don’t want squashed fingers. Please watch children in the vicinity of the ball returns.
The Approach - This is the area where you take your walk-up to the lane. No food or drink is allowed on the approach area. Slippery, wet or sticky areas can cause a fall and serious injury. If you notice any issues with the approach stop bowling and seek assistance from the Kingpin team.
No Running or Climbing - We know Laser Tag is an exciting game but use caution and skill when playing. Running and climbing in our arenas can cause collisions and falls leading to injury. Play safe and have fun.
No Physical Contact - Remain apart from other players when in the arena. Collisions and physical contact may cause injury and result in your removal from the game.
Strobe Lights - Our Laser Tag arenas have strobe lights operating in them. If you know you suffer adverse effects from these lights please speak to our team prior to playing.
Our venues also include other fantastic attractions such as karaoke and amusement machines. When enjoying these facilities please follow all directions from our team and any safety signs and information that may be available.
If there are any questions or concerns, please contact us.
First things first, please stay home if you show any signs of illness. Our team will be doing the same. We will gladly postpone any bookings if you can’t make it on a particular day.
Our team has all completed and been certified with our new training, ‘Hygiene Hero’, developed to cover everything Covid-19 related so they understand what COVID-19 is, how it is best prevented, what sanitisation cleaning is required and how this is done, and what to do in the event that a team member or guest is in the venue who has flu-like symptoms. The team who are certified will be wearing a ‘Hygiene Hero’ badge so you can be sure that you are in safe hands.
- We’ve introduced hand sanitising stations at key areas of our venues
- While our games will be clean, sanitising wipe stations are now throughout our venues, giving you have a safe choice if you want to wipe down the game before hitting Player One
- We encourage you to use contactless payment over cash. We have enabled payWave on all our EFTPOS machines. We will have an online advance booking system coming soon
- If bowling, you can wear your own sneakers rather than our bowling shoes
- We’ve introduced our ‘Hygiene Heroes’ who will provide detailed sanitisation of equipment
- We’ve classified some of our high touch attractions ‘Single-use Sanitise’. These are our attractions that will be cleaned after every use and signage placed on them to let you know they're safe. This includes activities such as bowling, VR games and laser tag.
- We have hourly clean routines for all our team, with sanitising equipment on hand. They will not only be cleaning games but high traffic areas like handrailing, door handles, and bathrooms.
- We’re taking our end of day clean to the next level and going for daily deep clean.
The 1,5m rule is no longer a requirement but keep your distance where possible.
Where we provide food and drinks we will apply the above practices as well as a few more to keep you extra safe.
- Where we have table seating for dining these have been spread out for your comfort and safety
- Handsfree counter collection of food and drinks is available
- Our kitchen health and safety practices follow the highest standards in the world, and we will keep this going especially during this time.