Each Kingpin customer agrees to the following rules:
- Warning. There are inherent risks in the participation in Tenpin Bowling, Laser Skirmish and the use of the Amusement Games or Rides. You should consider this participation an exercise in good judgement and act in a responsible manner while using this venue.
- Responsibility. Adults / carers are responsible for persons under their supervision.
- Lane Approaches. No food or drink on the approach. Slippery, wet or sticky spots or substances can affect a bowler’s approach and cause a fall and serious injury. If the approach is sticky or slippery, stop bowling and ask a staff member for assistance.
- Ball and Shoes. Wear bowling shoes (with socks) while bowling or pre-approved shoes at the discretion of the venue manager. Have the correct fit for the bowling ball and shoes. See a staff member for help selecting or changing a ball or shoes.
- Foul Line. Lanes are treated with oil and are extremely slippery. Crossing the foul line can cause a fall and serious injury. Please obey safety signs in the venue and do not cross the foul line for any reason.
- Tripping Hazards. Watch for step-ups to and from the approach and other areas of the venue and keep all coats, bags and personal belongings out of the walking paths to avoid tripping. Tell a staff member about any tripping hazard right away.
- Equipment. Mechanical equipment is dangerous and can cause injuries. If a ball or pin is stuck ask a staff member for assistance immediately. Any lane faults must be reported to reception. While a fault is being attended to, no balls are to be sent down the lane
- Ball Return. The ball return has moving parts. Serious injury can result from reaching into the ball return opening. Keep hands away from the ball return and ball return tray. Watch children.
- Bowling: Do not bowl more than one ball down the lane at any time.
- Staff Direction: You must obey all reasonable verbal or written instructions/warnings given by Kingpin staff.
- Kingpin will serve all customers in a friendly and courteous manner. No person will be denied service on the basis of ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, religion, physical disability or age.
- We cannot guarantee you or your guests will be able to complete your activities, if you or any guests in your group are late.
- Kingpin may refuse service or access to a venue based on a customer's inappropriate behaviour or dress attire. No item which, in Kingpin’s opinion, may be dangerous, encourage aggressive behaviour or be disruptive is permitted in the venue.
- Footwear must be worn at all times in our venues.
- Hats / Caps may be asked to be removed- subject to security requirements.
- There will be no use of alcohol or illegal drugs, other than alcoholic beverages provided by Kingpin.
- Customers must comply with laws and regulations controlling the use of alcoholic beverages.
- After 11pm all minors must be accompanied by their own parent or legal guardian
- Kingpin does not permit outside food or drink (except birthday cakes or similar items approved in advance by Kingpin) in the venue.
- Kingpin may, in its sole discretion, delay, suspend or end a bowling or M9 Laser Skirmish game or suspend or cancel a customer's use of the venue in whole or in part and at any time for any reason without penalty or refund.
- Kingpin is not liable for delays, postponements or other circumstances related to or caused by circumstances beyond its control including but not limited to the unavailability of lanes, loss of electricity, inclement weather, scheduling, fire, cyclone or flood.
- Patrons with an Epileptic condition need to understand that there are multiple flashing lights in the venue that may result in a seizure.
- For your safety and comfort there are height, weight and age restrictions on some rides and amusement machines. Please refer to the displayed signage for specific details
- Design and systems of Kingpin are protected by copyright and other intellectual property rights. You must not infringe those rights.
- Any photographs, videos or sound recordings taken by you must be for personal use only. Any use, reuse or production for commercial purposes without our express written consent is strictly prohibited and may result in loss or damage to Kingpin.
- Your image may be taken at any time for security purposes or for use in marketing materials.
- All Kingpin venues are non-smoking.
- To the extent permitted by law, Kingpin takes all reasonable steps to provide you with a safe and enjoyable Bowling Venue. However Kingpin will not be liable to any person in respect of any loss of or damage to the personal property of, or the loss of life or personal injury to, any person, whether that loss, damage or personal injury is caused by any person’s negligence (including the negligence of Kingpin) or otherwise.
Online Booking Rules
- We recommend that you arrive at least 15 minutes prior to your reservation to check in at reception and receive the correct bowling shoes (please note our venues open at 10am - all 10am bookings to arrive for the opening time).
- We cannot guarantee you or your guests will be able to complete your activities, if you or any guests in your group are late.
- Online bookings are not refundable, unless required by law. We can change reservation times provided that at least 24 hours’ notice is given (subject to availability and price).
- In the unforseen circumstance Kingpin has encountered lane technical issues your bowling start time may run later than the above confirmed start time.
- If you appear to be under the age of 25 you will be required to supply suitable identification to prove you are over the age of 18.
- We only accept the following forms of identification: Valid Driver’s License, New Zealand & International Passport or Australian Proof of Age Card.
- Guests will not be permitted entry into any Kingpin venue if deemed intoxicated.
- After 11pm all minors must be accompanied by their own parent or legal guardian.
- Price and availability information is subject to change without notice.
- Alcoholic beverages and bar tabs may only be purchased by persons over the age of 18. You may be asked to prove that you are over the age of 18 by presenting a valid form of ID. Kingpin supports the responsible service of alcohol and reserves the right to refuse to serve you if doing so would result in a contravention of any law, the conditions of the liquor licence at one of our venues or our internal policies. In the event that you are refused service, any alcoholic beverages or bar tab that you have purchased will be forfeited and you will not be entitled to a refund or compensation. Where you do not use a bar tab that you have purchased in full, you will be provided with a refund.
Vouchers and bookings can only be purchased through this web site by using a major credit card, PayPal, gift card or our pay in venue option. Your credit card or PayPal account will be debited at the time of ordering. Pay in venue requires you to pay the total booking amount before play, and can be paid in cash, by gift card or by using a major credit card.
Fair Play Policy
A fair play policy applies for Unlimited Bowling & or Laser Skirmish or any promotion where an unlimited play component is offered. To ensure that all patrons get a fair attempt at the various activities, some people will be asked to move on to play another activity to ensure fairness.
- Bowling – 2 games guaranteed, then subject to availability.
- Laser Tag – 2 games guaranteed, then subject to availability.
- The manager on duty reserves the right to allocate guests to activities.
Free Activity Passes
In addition to any specific terms printed on the pass, free activity passes are subject to the following terms and conditions.
- A reference to one activity is a reference any one of the following:
- One game of bowling;
- 3 missions of laser tag;
- 30 minutes of table tennis; or
- 30 minutes of selected arcade games.
- Kingpin reserves the right to reject defaced, mutilated or altered passes. Lost or stolen passes will not be replaced.
- Passes are not redeemable online, are not transferable and cannot be redeemed for cash.
- The original pass must be surrendered at the time of redemption.
- “Free Fun On Us”, "Bring Your Crew For Free" and "Bring A Friend" cards are not available for use Friday or Saturday after 6pm.
Reference to Activities in Group and Corporate Packages
Kingpin offers a variety of group and corporate packages for events attended by a minimum of 6 guests. A reference to ‘one activity’ or ‘two activities’ in any promotional material relating to such packages is to be interpreted in accordance with the following terms.
A reference to one activity means any one of the following:
- One game of bowling
- 2 Laser missions
- 30 minutes of selected arcade games
- One hour of karaoke (at selected venues)
- One hour escape room (at selected venues)
- 3 games of Virtual Reality
A reference to two activities is a reference to any two of the above activities.
Age and Height Restrictions
How old do you have to be to play Laser Tag?For safety reasons, the minimum age for our laser arenas is 6 years old.
How old do you have to be to do a Cryptology Escape Room?
For safety reasons, the minimum age for our escape rooms is 14 years old.
How old do you have to be to do TopSpin Table Tennis?
There is no minimum age for table tennis.
How old do you have to be to have a party?
We recommend that Kingpin parties are for kids aged 5 and above to deliver the best experience for the children.
How tall do I have to be to play Omni Virtual Reality?
There are no age restrictions, however for safety reasons the following height and weight restrictions apply:
- Minimum height of 110cm
- Children between 110 and 122cm must be accompanied by an adult
- Maximum weight of 130kg
Please do not play if you are pregnant, claustrophobic, have a heart condition or are prone to motion sickness or dizziness.
Birthday Party Bookings
- Birthday party booking deposits purchased via this Website are non-refundable and are not available for exchange, unless required by law.
- We cannot guarantee you or your guests will be able to complete your birthday party if you or any guests in your group are late.
- In the unforseen circumstance Kingpin encounters technical issues your birthday party start time may begin later than the original booking start time.
- The purchasing of birthday party packages and extras may be subject to credit card and other fees. Kingpin reserves the right to vary the amount of this transaction fee from time to time, as specified in the booking purchasing process.
- Birthday party prices are subject to change without notice due to any changes in government charges, taxes or levies. All prices in AUD and include GST.
- Birthday party booking deposits can be purchased through this web site or over the phone by using a major credit card or PayPal. Your credit card or PayPal account will be debited at the time of booking.
- Birthday party booking desposits can also be purchased at any Kingpin centre by using EFTPOS or Cash. Your EFTPOS account will be debited at the time of booking.
- Kingpin uses the DPS Payment Express Payment Gateway for its online credit card transactions. DPS processes online credit card transactions securely for thousands of merchants globally, providing a safe and secure online payment service.
- Payments are processed in real-time.
- Kingpin does not have access to your full card number, this credit card payment is secured by DPS.
- DPS have bank grade security. All transaction details are stored in their PCI-DSS compliant Data Centre.
- DPS Payment Express Software is certified with over 200 banks globally. Visit www.paymentexpress.com for more info on online credit card payments.
- Kingpin reserves the right to refuse any order placed for any Kingpin birthday party packages. Management reserves the right to change terms and conditions at any time without notice.
- A $100 deposit is required when booking your party; the final balance is to be paid 4 business days prior to your event based on your final guest numbers. A minimum of 3 business days' notice is required to receive a refund of the deposit amount.
- There is a minimum of 8 guests required for a birthday party booking.
- No external food or beverage is permitted, unless in relation to a food allergy which the centre has been made aware of.
- Your birthday party group will either be eating in the centre's party room [selected centres], or on the concourse, subject to availability and dependant on the selected package.
- You must arrive 30 minutes prior to your birthday party start time to ensure your party begins on time.
- Kingpin birthday parties run for the following lengths of time:
- The Party Heroes package will go for approximately 1 hour 30 mins
- The Ruler Of The Arcade package will go for approximately 2 hours
- The Treasure Chest package will go for approximately 3 hours
- The Everyday Influencer package will go for approximately 2 hours
- The Rock Royalty package will go for approximately 3hours
- The following information must be confirmed 72 hours before your booking;
- Final number of guests attending.
- Any special dietary requirements i.e. vegetarian or food intolerances;
- If you would like to order any additional platters, cake or extras; and
- If you require any additional lanes booked for older siblings or adults.
- Platters cannot be cancelled within 72 hours of the party.
- Laser Tag cannot be exclusively booked unless your group fills capacity of the arena.
- If your party is Laser Tag only, closed sport shoes must be worn by all guests.
- The minimum age for children at Kingpin parties is 6 years old.
- The minimum age for children to participate in Laser Tag at Kingpin parties is 6 years old.
- The minimum age for children to participate in Cryptology Escape Rooms at Kingpin parties is 14 years old.
- The minimum age for children to participate in Table Tennis at Kingpin parties is 6 years old.
- $50 off birthday booking promo only valid for bookings between 5 Feb to 31 March 2024, Party must occur before 30 JUNE 2024.
Subscriber Rewards Terms & Conditions
Kingpin members and customers who subscribe to receive communications from Kingpin are entitled to receive the following member Benefits
- One FREE activity on the day of your birthday sent via email.
- It can take up to a month to process the one FREE activity on your birthday if a guest signs up via the website or booking engine.
- One FREE activity can refer to any one of the following:
- One game of bowling
- One 30 minute laser tag session
- 30 minutes of table tennis
- 30 minutes of selected arcade games
- Cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer, birthday party bookings or group and corporate event bookings.
- Access to exclusive promotional deals, special offers and any additional benefits sent via email that may be periodically introduced.
If you purchase a Time Play package or any Time Play package included in any Passes, Deals, Promotions, just swipe your card on the green swiper games included in your package and your time will automatically start. No Powertickets are awarded during Time Play and packages are per person.
During Timeplay there is 45-second delay between each tap and you only can play the same game four times in a row. The Timeplay can only be used at the venue it was purchased at, and it expires after 7 days if not used.
By purchasing or using a Powercard, you agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions. Treat this Powercard like cash. Kingpin will not be held responsible for defaced, mutilated, altered, lost or stolen Powercards and these will not be replaced, refunded or redeemed. Register your details in venue and we may be able to transfer your tickets and cash balance. The credit balance on this Powercard is redeemable for game use at Kingpin venues within New Zealand only. This Powercard cannot be used for birthday party deposits, to purchase gift cards or to acquire Kingpin goods and/or services online. This card is not redeemable for cash and cannot be re-sold. The cash balance and tickets on this Powercard cannot be exchanged for cash. No change will be given for remaining balances but any remaining balance may be applied to future play credit. This Powercard will expire 1 year from the last used date, at which time any unused balance and tickets will be forfeited. You are liable for all transactions on this Powercard except to the extent to which there has been fraud or negligence on our part or on the part of our employees. Monies, bonuses and tickets cannot be split across separate Powercards. All loads must be onto a single Powercard and any bonus amounts placed onto the same Powercard.
Black Friday & Cyber Monday Sale
BLACK FRIDAY 20% SOCIAL PACKAGES DISCOUNT
20% OFF applicable to general/social packages including Bronze, Silver, Gold and Free Bowling Thursdays.
20% OFF discount excludes any party, group or corporate bookings.
20% OFF applicable to packages specifically, excludes extras and add ons.
20% OFF discount can be used on bookings up to the 28th of February 2024, payment must be made in full online to secure the booking.
Offer cannot be used with in conjunction with any other offer nor redeemed for cash
Free Bowling with Beer & Burger Promo.
Deal is strictly R18 only, ID must be checked when purchasing this promo.
Can not be used in conjunction with other promos. e.g. spend $65 get $20 arcade credits.
Beer in the deal is SPEIGHT'S SUMMIT ULTRA and Burger is the Kingpin Signature Burger.
Promo is Subject to availability.
Offer must be redeem in one visit.
At Kingpin, we strive to create a safe and enjoyable dining experience for all our guests. Understanding the seriousness of food allergies and dietary restrictions, we kindly ask our guests to consider the following terms and conditions:
Allergy Notification: Guests are encouraged to inform our staff of any food allergies or dietary restrictions upon making a reservation and again upon arrival. While we make every effort to accommodate such requests, we cannot guarantee that our kitchen is completely free of specific allergens.
Menu Consultation: Our team is happy to provide information about the ingredients in your meal choices. We offer menu consultations to help identify suitable options for your dietary needs.
Cross-Contamination Risk: Please be advised that Kingpin operates a kitchen where ingredients that may cause allergic reactions are used. While we follow strict protocols to minimize the risk, we cannot guarantee complete elimination of cross-contamination.
Special Requests: For guests with severe allergies, we recommend contacting us in advance. This allows us to prepare and, if possible, modify menu items to better meet your needs.
Personal Discretion: Guests with severe allergies dine at their own risk. [Venue Name] cannot be held liable for any adverse reactions. We suggest carrying necessary medication, such as antihistamines or epinephrine injectors, as a precaution.
Feedback: Your dining safety is our priority. Please share your experience and feedback with our staff to help us improve our service and accommodations.
By dining with us, guests acknowledge and agree to these terms, understanding the inherent risks and affirming that Kingpin has made efforts to address dietary needs and allergies.