Meet Jeff | Kingpin Darling Harbour
At every Kingpin venue across Australia we have a dedicated team who are there to provide you with the best experience possible. Whether they are handling your office Christmas Party, your Private Corporate Event or even just looking after your kid's Birthday Party. One of those people is our Harbourside Cocktail Magician Jeff Efu.
We caught up with Jeff to get an insight into how he works and what makes him tick:
How many years have you been working in the hospitality industry & how did you get into it?
I have been working in the hospitality industry for 18 years. I started as a housekeeping attendant and worked my way up to F & B supervisor and managerial roles within 5 star international hotels and independent bar groups.
What is your favourite cocktail to make & how is it made?
I love making the classic old fashioned. There’s an art to creating this delicate fine beverage
- Place a sugar cube (or 1/2 teaspoon loose sugar) in an Old-Fashioned glass
- Wet it down with 2 or 3 dashes of Angostura bitters and a short splash of water or club soda
- Crush the sugar with a wooden muddler with a piece of Orange cheek slice
- Rotate the glass so that the sugar grains and bitters give it a lining
- Add a large ice cube
- Pour in Makers Mark Bourbon
- Serve with a stirring rod
How long have you been a Venue Manager at Harbourside?
What is you favourite thing about working at Harbourside?
The people I work with and having the opportunity to work for a brand that’s all about having fun.
What is your favourite food item on the menu & why?
My favourite item would be the beef and pork sliders. It’s a great starter to any night!
What do you like to get up to when you are not working?
Basketball & Surfing